Vt. police: 'suspicious letter' at US rep officeApril 29,2013BURLINGTON - The Burlington office of Vermont's lone congressman has been evacuated because of a suspicious letter.
Burlington Police Chief Michael Schirling says the letter sent to the office of U.S. Rep. Peter Welch drew the attention of the person who was processing the mail and police agreed it appeared suspicious.
A hazardous materials team is now investigating the package. Schirling says no threats came in associated with the package.
Welch, a Democrat, is on an overseas trip.MORE IN This Just InThe man charged in a hit-and-run crash that killed a pedestrian in Killington early Sunday... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation