Robert J. Worthen Sr.April 29,2013Robert J. Worthen Sr.
FAIR HAVEN — The graveside service with military honors for Robert J. “Bob” Worthen Sr., 86, who died Feb. 23, 2013, will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, May 4, in St. Mary’s Cemetery with the Rev. James Lawrence, pastor of Our Lady of Seven Dolors Church, officiating.
Memorial contributions may be made to American Legion Post #49, 72 South Main St., Fair Haven, VT 05743; or Foley Cancer Center, 160 Allen St., Rutland, VT 05701.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Durfee Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.