FERRISBURGH — Vermont State Police are investigating the theft of a van from outside a Vermont home that was later struck by a train 25 miles away in New York.
Authorities said New York State Police reported that the van was hit by a train in Crown Point, N.Y., and abandoned at 3 a.m. Saturday.
Police said upon contacting the van owners, it was determined the vehicle had been stolen from outside their Ferrisburgh home sometime during the night.
After the van was hit by the train, officials said it was left parked partially on the railroad tracks. No injuries were reported.MORE IN Vermont NewsThe Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules voted Thursday to certify its earlier rejection... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation