Woman arrested at Cavendish pull-offApril 28,2013Woman charged
in pull-off incident
CAVENDISH — A Proctorsville woman who police say was dragged out of a vehicle at a Route 103 pull-off on Friday was arrested for allegedly assaulting the vehicle’s owner and damaging the car.
Vermont State Police said they were called to the pull-off at about 2:30 p.m. Friday and found two parked vehicles. An investigation showed that Barbara Sheldon, 43, hit Daniel Spaulding, 26, of Ludlow as Spaulding’s girlfriend was trying to pull Sheldon out of the car, police said.
Sheldon also broke off Spaulding’s car key in the ignition, police said.
Sheldon was arrested and issued citations for misdemeanor charges of simple assault and unlawful mischief, police said.MORE IN This Just InKILLINGTON -- Two people were badly hurt in a head-on collision caused by a drunken driver Monday... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bryanna Allen reports Castleton Downtown hosts open house, fire in Springfield leaves family without a roof of their own, suspected Bosnian war criminal trial goes to jury, Brent Curtis reports Rutland Town budget set to rise.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bill in Legislature proposes naming beagle Vermont state dog; Associated Press looks back at year in opiate abuse; Shapiro's in Brandon soon to close after 75 years; probe shows illegal online gun sales booming.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1861, JEFFERSON DAVIS resigns from the U.S. Senate to become president of the Confederate States of America, in 1908, NYC passes law forbidding women from smoking in public; in 1968, B-52 crashes, loses H-bomb.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Aldermen debate request for $75K from Zamias Fund for Wonderfeet museum, Bryanna Allen covers CSC Spring Convocation, proponents of sugary drinks tax meet press at State House, Neal Goswami reports revenue forecast for state.