Woman arrested at Cavendish pull-offApril 28,2013Woman charged
in pull-off incident
CAVENDISH — A Proctorsville woman who police say was dragged out of a vehicle at a Route 103 pull-off on Friday was arrested for allegedly assaulting the vehicle’s owner and damaging the car.
Vermont State Police said they were called to the pull-off at about 2:30 p.m. Friday and found two parked vehicles. An investigation showed that Barbara Sheldon, 43, hit Daniel Spaulding, 26, of Ludlow as Spaulding’s girlfriend was trying to pull Sheldon out of the car, police said.
Sheldon also broke off Spaulding’s car key in the ignition, police said.
Sheldon was arrested and issued citations for misdemeanor charges of simple assault and unlawful mischief, police said.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.