Woman arrested at Cavendish pull-offApril 28,2013Woman charged
in pull-off incident
CAVENDISH — A Proctorsville woman who police say was dragged out of a vehicle at a Route 103 pull-off on Friday was arrested for allegedly assaulting the vehicle’s owner and damaging the car.
Vermont State Police said they were called to the pull-off at about 2:30 p.m. Friday and found two parked vehicles. An investigation showed that Barbara Sheldon, 43, hit Daniel Spaulding, 26, of Ludlow as Spaulding’s girlfriend was trying to pull Sheldon out of the car, police said.
Sheldon also broke off Spaulding’s car key in the ignition, police said.
Sheldon was arrested and issued citations for misdemeanor charges of simple assault and unlawful mischief, police said.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1520, Ferdinand Magellan is first European to navigate passage that bears his name from the Atlantic to the Pacific sea; in 1582, Will Shakespeare, Anne Hathaway secure their marriage license with 40 pound bond.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.