Newfane man charged after rendezvous with teenApril 28,2013Online friendship
ends in charges
WARDSBORO — A Newfane man was charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor after smoking marijuana with a 14-year-old girl he met on Facebook, according to Vermont State Police.
Officers found them in a car parked on Fairview Road in Wardsboro last week after responding to a report of a suspicious vehicle, police said.
Police say they determined that Daniel Burdick, 19, had been communicating with the girl through social media and they decided to meet. Burdick was cited to court on a misdemeanor charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, police said. He was also issued a traffic ticket for driving without a valid license.
Police urged parents to monitor their children’s social media activity.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation