Utah police find 65 lbs.. of pot in motorhomeTHE ASSOCIATED PRESS | April 28,2013GREEN RIVER, Utah — The Utah Highway Patrol has arrested a New York man they say was carrying about 65 pounds of marijuana in his motorhome.
The UHP said troopers pulled over the driver of a motorhome last week for traffic and tinted window violations. Troopers said they became suspicious of the driver, Warren DeBiew, 57, of New York.
A police dog detected drugs in the motorhome and a trooper then found about 65 pounds of marijuana, police said.
Authorities said they suspect DeBiew was transporting the drugs from the East Coast to California.
DeBiew was arrested and booked into the Emery County Jail.MORE IN This Just InThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.