Janice R. WilliamsApril 28,2013
Janice R. WilliamsJanice R. Williams
GRANVILLE, N.Y. — Janice R. Williams, 87, a former resident of Danby, Vt., and Florence, Vt., passed away peacefully on Wednesday, April 24, at her residence in Granville, after a long illness. Her loving children were by her side.
Born on September 22, 1925, in West Rupert, Vt., she was the daughter of Theodore H. and Mary (Braymer) Hay. She received her primary education in West Rupert, Vt., and graduated from Salem, N.Y., High School in 1943. She married Merle E. Williams on November 22, 1946, in Rupert, Vt. Mr. Williams predeceased her on October 2, 1989, and now they are reunited.
Her home and family were her primary interests. She enjoyed decorating her home for every season and holiday, and took great pride in the accomplishments of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. In her younger years she enjoyed going dancing, taking long car rides in the country with her family, crocheting and reading. Later in life she loved to watch the birds and wildlife out her window. She also enjoyed her flower gardens and her pond and mountain views. She once remarked that she felt as if she was on vacation every day at home.
She is survived by a daughter, Claudia Williams of Granville; three sons, George Williams and Jeffrey Williams, both of Manchester Center, Vt., and Jack Williams of Granville, N.Y.; four grandchildren, Jeffrey Williams, Jr. and his wife Buffy, Blair, Sierra, and Miranda Williams; three great-grandchildren; her brother, Douglas Hay and his wife Beverly of Sandgate, Vt.; and several nieces, nephews, and cousins. In addition to her husband, her sister, Winifred Baker, also predeceased her.
At Mrs. Williams’ request there will be no calling hours. A private service and interment will be held at 12 pm on May 12, 2013, at the Scottsville Cemetery in Danby, Vt.
Memorial contributions may be made to Washington County Hospice, 415 Lower Main St., Hudson Falls, N.Y. 12839.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Robert M. King Funeral Home, 23 Church Street, Granville, NY 12832.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!