Janice R. WilliamsApril 28,2013
Janice R. WilliamsJanice R. Williams
GRANVILLE, N.Y. — Janice R. Williams, 87, a former resident of Danby, Vt., and Florence, Vt., passed away peacefully on Wednesday, April 24, at her residence in Granville, after a long illness. Her loving children were by her side.
Born on September 22, 1925, in West Rupert, Vt., she was the daughter of Theodore H. and Mary (Braymer) Hay. She received her primary education in West Rupert, Vt., and graduated from Salem, N.Y., High School in 1943. She married Merle E. Williams on November 22, 1946, in Rupert, Vt. Mr. Williams predeceased her on October 2, 1989, and now they are reunited.
Her home and family were her primary interests. She enjoyed decorating her home for every season and holiday, and took great pride in the accomplishments of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. In her younger years she enjoyed going dancing, taking long car rides in the country with her family, crocheting and reading. Later in life she loved to watch the birds and wildlife out her window. She also enjoyed her flower gardens and her pond and mountain views. She once remarked that she felt as if she was on vacation every day at home.
She is survived by a daughter, Claudia Williams of Granville; three sons, George Williams and Jeffrey Williams, both of Manchester Center, Vt., and Jack Williams of Granville, N.Y.; four grandchildren, Jeffrey Williams, Jr. and his wife Buffy, Blair, Sierra, and Miranda Williams; three great-grandchildren; her brother, Douglas Hay and his wife Beverly of Sandgate, Vt.; and several nieces, nephews, and cousins. In addition to her husband, her sister, Winifred Baker, also predeceased her.
At Mrs. Williams’ request there will be no calling hours. A private service and interment will be held at 12 pm on May 12, 2013, at the Scottsville Cemetery in Danby, Vt.
Memorial contributions may be made to Washington County Hospice, 415 Lower Main St., Hudson Falls, N.Y. 12839.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Robert M. King Funeral Home, 23 Church Street, Granville, NY 12832.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1915, the New York World publishes scoop: Thom. Edison diverts chemical from war production to help German pharmaceutical company make aspirin; on this day in 1935, Will Rogers, Wiley Post die in Alaska plane crash.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.