Janice R. WilliamsApril 28,2013
Janice R. WilliamsJanice R. Williams
GRANVILLE, N.Y. ó Janice R. Williams, 87, a former resident of Danby, Vt., and Florence, Vt., passed away peacefully on Wednesday, April 24, at her residence in Granville, after a long illness. Her loving children were by her side.
Born on September 22, 1925, in West Rupert, Vt., she was the daughter of Theodore H. and Mary (Braymer) Hay. She received her primary education in West Rupert, Vt., and graduated from Salem, N.Y., High School in 1943. She married Merle E. Williams on November 22, 1946, in Rupert, Vt. Mr. Williams predeceased her on October 2, 1989, and now they are reunited.
Her home and family were her primary interests. She enjoyed decorating her home for every season and holiday, and took great pride in the accomplishments of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. In her younger years she enjoyed going dancing, taking long car rides in the country with her family, crocheting and reading. Later in life she loved to watch the birds and wildlife out her window. She also enjoyed her flower gardens and her pond and mountain views. She once remarked that she felt as if she was on vacation every day at home.
She is survived by a daughter, Claudia Williams of Granville; three sons, George Williams and Jeffrey Williams, both of Manchester Center, Vt., and Jack Williams of Granville, N.Y.; four grandchildren, Jeffrey Williams, Jr. and his wife Buffy, Blair, Sierra, and Miranda Williams; three great-grandchildren; her brother, Douglas Hay and his wife Beverly of Sandgate, Vt.; and several nieces, nephews, and cousins. In addition to her husband, her sister, Winifred Baker, also predeceased her.
At Mrs. Williamsí request there will be no calling hours. A private service and interment will be held at 12 pm on May 12, 2013, at the Scottsville Cemetery in Danby, Vt.
Memorial contributions may be made to Washington County Hospice, 415 Lower Main St., Hudson Falls, N.Y. 12839.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Robert M. King Funeral Home, 23 Church Street, Granville, NY 12832.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.