Nekia R. BurdoApril 28,2013
Nekia R. BurdoNekia R. Burdo
HAMPTON, N.Y. — Nekia Renee Burdo, 19, of Hampton, passed away Wednesday, April 24, 2013.
She was born May 10, 1993, in Cambridge, N.Y., and was a 2011 graduate of Granville High School.
Nekia, who was known to everyone as Ayden, currently attended Green Mountain College in Poultney. Ayden was working at Camille’s Consignment Shop in Rutland.
She loved photography, music and writing and enjoyed spending her time at the Rutland County Humane Society, and loved to spend time at Lake Bomoseen. Ayden enjoyed being with her siblings and friends.
Ayden is predeceased by her maternal grandfathers, Eli Truehart and Gaston Shaw, and paternal great-grandfathers, Ron Jackson and Fred Burdo.
Ayden is survived by her mother, Jennifer Hoffman and her husband David of Hampton; her father, Timothy Burdo and his wife Michele of Pownal, VT; her sister, Kassidy Jordan of Hampton, and her brothers, Cole Jordan of Hampton, Kienan Burdo of Pownal, and Jacob Burdo of Pownal. Ayden is also survived by her maternal grandmother, Judy Shaw of Salem; paternal grandmother, Nancy Burdo of Salem; paternal grandfather, Ronald Burdo of Shaftsbury, Vt.; maternal great-grandmother, Helen Dunham of Salem; paternal great-grandmothers, Elsie Jackson of Salem, and Lorraine Burdo of New Hampshire. Additional survivors are Ayden’s uncle, Fred Truehart and his wife Karie and her aunts, Stacy Smith and her husband Dan, and Tonia Goddard and her husband A.J., all of Salem; cousins, Emily and Alex Smith, Eli Truehart, Bailey, Chaylin and Wyatt Fifield, and many extended family as well.
Relatives and friends may call from 4 to 6 p.m. on Monday, April 29, 2013, at the McClellan-Gariepy Funeral Home, 19 East Broadway, Salem. A time of sharing will be at 6 p.m. on Monday at the funeral home for those who wish to attend.
Ayden’s family suggests that in lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in her memory be made to the Rutland County Humane Society, 765 Stevens Road, Pittsford, Vt. 05763.
To share a memory of Ayden, please visit www.mcclellangariepy.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.