Marie R. Hubbard RitesApril 26,2013Marie R. Hubbard Rites
Funeral services for Marie Raymond Hubbard, 90, of Rutland and Port St. Lucie, Fla., who died April 20, 2013, were held Thursday, April 25, at Immaculate Heart of Mary Church in Rutland.
Officiating was the Rev. Remigius Ntahondi, pastor. A reception followed in St. Anne’s Hall.
Burial followed in the Hubbard Family Cemetery in Hubbardton, with the Rev. Ntahondi reading the prayers of the burial service.
Richard Brown was organist.
Lori Routhier was vocalist.
Remembrances were offered by Brent Gifford and Heidi McDevett.
Arrangements were under the direction of Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Gas Systems puts Phase 2 on hold as the latest estimate for Phase 1 takes a 27 percent leap upward, to a total of $157 million; U.S. Attorney Tristram Coffin quits for job with private firm; police cite man in pot bust.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Christmas bombing of North Vietnam ordered by President Richard Nixon, most lethal strikes of the war; in 1989, U.S. invades Panama to depose, arrest and charge Gen. Manuel Noriega with drug trafficking, racketeering.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Gov. Peter Shumlin announces demise of his single-payer health insurance initiative; convicted first-degree murderer Alan Prue sentenced to 50 years for killing teacher Melissa Jenkins; veterans chafed about park naming snub.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 497 BC, first Saturnalia festival celebrated in Rome, Scandinavians retain 'Yule Goat' as symbol of season, Krampus, evil side of holiday cheer, terrorizes children into better behavior, more advice from Christopher Hitchens.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 533 AD, Byzantine Emperor Justinian I gets the old empire back together again routing the Vandals from Carthage; in 1890, Lakota Chief Sitting Bull is killed at his home in South Dakota; in 1970, Soviets land probe on Venus.
- DUANE CARLETON: Rutland Herald Events Editor George Nostrand interviews musician Duane Carleton, whose new CD 'A GIRL LIKE THAT' drops Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, and will be celebrated that evening with a show at 9:30 p.m. at Killington's Pickle Barrel.