Comcast volunteers to build playgroundApril 25,2013Staff Report
More than 250 Comcast employees, their families and friends, will come out on Saturday, from 9 a.m. to noon, to volunteer their time at five nonprofits across Vermont as part of the 12tth annual Comcast Cares Day.
In Rutland, volunteers will show up at the Rutland County Parent Child Center on Pleasant Street to assemble a new playground, perform landscaping, and help with cleanup and other improvement projects.
Comcast employees will also volunteer their time at four other nonprofits: Brattleboro Boys & Girls Club, Brattleboro; Outright Vermont, Burlington; Samaritan House, St. Albans; and Upper Valley Haven, White River Junction.
Comcast Cares Day is the company’s signature day of service and the nation’s largest single-day corporate volunteer effort. This year the company expects more than 70,000 volunteers to participate in more than 700 projects across the country and internationally.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes for fiction and biography. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan Keays and staff writer Brent Curtis discuss some of the stories... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.