Patricia M. WilcoxApril 25,2013
Patricia M. WilcoxPatricia M. Wilcox
SHOREHAM — Patricia Mary Wilcox “Aunt Pete,” 89, died Tuesday, April 23, 2013, at her home in Shoreham.
She was born April 20, 1924, in Shoreham, the daughter of Henry and Elsie (Davis) Brisson.
She grew up in Shoreham, where she received her early education. She graduated from Newton Academy, Class of 1942.
She married Leo Walter Wilcox on Nov. 12, 1943. He predeceased her in May 2002.
She helped run the family farm in earlier years, and had co-owned and operated the Middlebury Bowling Lanes. She later worked as a childcare provider.
Survivors include her daughter and care provider, Carol Davis of Mulberry, Fla.; her son, Leighton Wilcox of Orwell; three siblings: Harris Brisson of Shoreham, Aileen Pomainville of Port Orange, Fla., and Darlene Gunn of Branford, Conn.; four grandchildren, nine great-grandchildren, and many nieces, nephews and cousins.
In addition to her husband, she was predeceased by a sister Yvonne Severance.
A memorial service will be held Saturday, April 27, 2013, at 10 a.m. at the Brandon American Legion Post #55. A reception will follow. A private graveside committal service and burial will take place at a later date in East Shoreham Cemetery.
There are no public calling hours.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to: Addison County Home Health & Hospice, P.O. Box 754, Middlebury, VT 05753.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?