Richard J. West Jr.April 24,2013
Richard J. West Jr.Richard J. West Jr.
BIG FLATS, N.Y. — Richard J. “Rick” West Jr., age 61, of Big Flats, N.Y., passed away suddenly at home on Monday, April 22, 2013.
He was born April 12, 1952, in Burlington, VT, the son of Richard J. Sr. and Doreen (McDevitt) West.
Rick attended Christ the King Elementary School and graduated from Mount St. Joseph Academy in Rutland, VT, in 1970.
Family and friends are invited to visit Walter J. Kent Funeral Home, 858 Lake St. at Washington Ave., Elmira, on Saturday, April 27, 2013, from 2 to 5 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, those wishing may remember Rick through donations to MDA.
To view his complete obituary, please visit www.walterjkent.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.