Josephine E. RyanApril 23,2013
Josephine E. RyanJosephine E. Ryan
Josephine Edith Ryan, 87, of Rutland died Saturday, April 20, 2013, at Rutland Regional Medical Center.
She was born Dec. 24, 1925, in Rutland, the daughter of David and Bertha (Wood) Valiquette.
She was married to Thomas L. Ryan, who died February, 1974.
She was a member of Christ the King Church, the Ladies of the Moose, V.F.W., American Legion and the D.A.V.
Survivors include two sons, Thomas D. Ryan of Shrewsbury, and Edward H. Ryan of Rutland; a daughter, Deanna Jean Carlson of Rutland; 10 grandchildren, 15 great-grandchildren, one great-great-grandchild, nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband, a brother Harold Valiquette, and two sisters, Marion Hector and Beatrice Borjesson.
Funeral services will be held Wednesday, April 24, 2013, at 11 a.m. at Christ the King Church. Officiating will be the Rev. Justin Baker, pastor.
Burial will follow in St. Joseph’s Cemetery. A reception will follow.
Friends may call Tuesday, April 23, from 4 to 7 p.m. at Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
Contributions may be made to Rutland County Humane Society, Stevens Road, Pittsford, VT 05763.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.