PROVIDED Andrea Malinowski owns The Dance Mill, a new Zumba studio in Bennington that offers a wide range of classes for people of all ages and levels.For Zumba enthusiasts or anyone interested in giving it a try, the Dance Mill in Bennington is open for business.
The new studio is owned by Andrea Malinowski, who is licensed to teach six different types of Zumba, creating a menu of class options designed to meet the needs of all ages, experience and fitness levels. She has been teaching Zumba since late 2010.
“It is for everybody and all levels of ability,” said Malinowski, noting her participants range from “little kids to 83 years old.”
“What makes Zumba so successful is you are dancing, it’s fun, and you don’t feel like you are exercising” said Malinowski. “The class environment is very supportive, not intimidating, and a place to have fun with your friends.”
The Dance Mill offers classes on a “drop-in” basis for $6. There are no membership or fee commitments that are often found in traditional gyms or health clubs.
In addition to classes, the studio offers off-site classes, including Aqua Zumba at the Bennington Recreation Center and at the Manchester Recreation Center in the summer; Zumba in the Circuit at Curves in Manchester; and Bennington and Zumba Gold at the Hoosic Falls, NY Senior Center.
Malinowski said she likes to use dance to reach out to people by finding ways to use Zumba to support the community. “If you have a group of people together, you can do a lot of great things.” She has conducted two fundraisers, each raising $1,000 for people in need of medical funding assistance.
The Dance Mill is located at 160 Benmont Avenue, Suite 59, Bennington, VT 05201. The telephone number is 802.379.5468; the e-mail address is email@example.com. The Web site is www.zumbafitness-Andrea.com.MORE IN Battenkill Business Briefs
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.