Vermont motel robbed of cashApril 22,2013DERBY ó Police are investigating an armed robbery of a motel in the northern Vermont town of Derby.
Vermont State Police said two men entered the Four Seasons Motel on Route 5 shortly after 9:30 p.m. Saturday and ordered the clerk to direct them to the motelís money drawers and safe. One of the suspects pointed a gun at the clerk.
Authorities said the clerk complied with the demands, and the men left with an undisclosed amount of cash. Nobody was hurt.
Police said the suspects were wearing dark, hooded sweatshirts, while one was also wearing sunglasses.MORE IN This Just InFire crews responded to an alarm activation at the Rutland Mental Health offices at around 9:15 a.m. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.