Vermont motel robbed of cashApril 22,2013DERBY — Police are investigating an armed robbery of a motel in the northern Vermont town of Derby.
Vermont State Police said two men entered the Four Seasons Motel on Route 5 shortly after 9:30 p.m. Saturday and ordered the clerk to direct them to the motel’s money drawers and safe. One of the suspects pointed a gun at the clerk.
Authorities said the clerk complied with the demands, and the men left with an undisclosed amount of cash. Nobody was hurt.
Police said the suspects were wearing dark, hooded sweatshirts, while one was also wearing sunglasses.MORE IN This Just InDede Cummings’ first question arose when she discovered that tickets for the Dalai Lama’s 2012... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,