Vt. spending $324M on road projectsApril 22,2013BURLINGTON — The Vermont Agency of Transportation said it has budgeted about $324 million on transportation projects this construction season that’s now getting under way.
Agency officials said the money will be spent on paving, bridge repair, highway safety, park-and-ride projects, bike and pedestrian facilities and other projects.
The Burlington Free Press reported that this year’s spending is about 1 percent higher than last year.
The big-budget spending categories are $108 million for road paving, $61 million for work on interstate bridges, $54 million for state highway bridges and $53 million on roadway work.MORE IN This Just InPOULTNEY — Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesn’t know how to slow down. Full StoryFAIRLEE — The Thetford Energy Committee was honored Saturday at a statewide energy conference... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation