Teacher in theft case placed on leaveApril 22,2013Teacher in theft case put on leave
RICHFORD ó An elementary school teacher who police say embezzled about $3,500 while serving as treasurer of the Richford Parent Teacher Organization has been placed on paid leave from her teaching duties.
Vermont State Police said 35-year-old Shawna Steinhour embezzled the money from October 2011 to March 22.
Franklin Northeast School Superintendent Jay Nichols told The Burlington Free Press that Steinhour will be on an indefinite paid leave from the school while the matter is being investigated.
The newspaper said attempts to reach Steinhour or her husband, who serves on the town School Board, have been unsuccessful.MORE IN This Just InVermont State Police issued the following press release this afternoon: Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation