Thomas W. JosephApril 22,2013Thomas W. Joseph
BENNINGTON — Thomas W. Joseph, 81, a resident of Crescent Manor Care Centers, died Saturday, April 20, 2013, at Southwestern Vermont Medical Center.
He was born Oct. 6, 1931, in Bennington, the son of George and Hazel (Mosher) Joseph. In his early years, he lived with Aunt Mae and Uncle Norm Stratton, and attended Bennington High School.
He drove tractor trailer for Holmes Transportation and joined Teamster Union Local 597 where he worked for 20 years, retiring in 1989. He was also employed as a driver for CLS Transportation and HP Motors.
Mr. Joseph enjoyed riding motorcycles, snowmobiling and his CB radio, as well as participating in the activities at Crescent Manor Care Centers.
Survivors include two children, Troy Joseph of Ellington, Conn., and Audra Bump of North Adams, Mass.; three grandchildren and four great-grandchildren; two sisters, Sharon Davis of Arlington and Joel Bottum of Canada; several nieces, nephews and cousins.
He was predeceased in 2007 by his wife, the former Ora Watson, whom he married Jan. 22, 1955.
The funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, April 25, at the Mahar and Son Funeral Home in Bennington. Burial will follow in White Chapel Cemetery.
Friends may call from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 24, at the funeral home.
Memorial contributions may be made to Crescent Manor Care Centers Activities Fund, in care of Mahar and Son Funeral Home, 628 Main St., Bennington, VT 05201.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.