Free dental care day will be April 27April 20,2013BENNINGTON — Area dentists in Bennington and Manchester will participate in the this year’s Free Adult Dental Care Day on April 27.
Anyone 18 or older without dental insurance and unable to pay for needed dental health care, such as dental exams, X-rays, fillings and teeth extractions, will be eligible to receive free dental procedures at one of the locations from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Providers will not be able to take out impacted wisdom teeth. Procedures will only be performed under local anesthesia and patients will be seen on a first come, first served basis.
The mission of the event is to address the dental issues of those who cannot afford dental care, thus helping them feel better about themselves and decreasing their risks for other health problems such as heart disease and infection
In addition, the Bennington location will present a Family Care Fair with other local health-related organizations in attendance. This health fair will feature participants such as Southwestern Vermont Medical Center, BROC, and the Bennington Free Clinic.
The Free Adult Dental Care Day in southern Vermont was begun in 2007 by Drs. Robert Ruhl, John-Michael Stewart and Louis Beaudette with the help of the International Team for Implantology.
Services will be provided in Bennington at the office of Oral and Facial Surgery Associates at 2 Harwood Drive and in Manchester at the office of Dr. Richard Heilemann at 74 Long View Drive.
For available services in Windham County, contact the United Way or call Vermont 211 for more information.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.