Free dental care day will be April 27April 20,2013BENNINGTON — Area dentists in Bennington and Manchester will participate in the this year’s Free Adult Dental Care Day on April 27.
Anyone 18 or older without dental insurance and unable to pay for needed dental health care, such as dental exams, X-rays, fillings and teeth extractions, will be eligible to receive free dental procedures at one of the locations from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Providers will not be able to take out impacted wisdom teeth. Procedures will only be performed under local anesthesia and patients will be seen on a first come, first served basis.
The mission of the event is to address the dental issues of those who cannot afford dental care, thus helping them feel better about themselves and decreasing their risks for other health problems such as heart disease and infection
In addition, the Bennington location will present a Family Care Fair with other local health-related organizations in attendance. This health fair will feature participants such as Southwestern Vermont Medical Center, BROC, and the Bennington Free Clinic.
The Free Adult Dental Care Day in southern Vermont was begun in 2007 by Drs. Robert Ruhl, John-Michael Stewart and Louis Beaudette with the help of the International Team for Implantology.
Services will be provided in Bennington at the office of Oral and Facial Surgery Associates at 2 Harwood Drive and in Manchester at the office of Dr. Richard Heilemann at 74 Long View Drive.
For available services in Windham County, contact the United Way or call Vermont 211 for more information.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.