Free dental care day will be April 27April 20,2013BENNINGTON — Area dentists in Bennington and Manchester will participate in the this year’s Free Adult Dental Care Day on April 27.
Anyone 18 or older without dental insurance and unable to pay for needed dental health care, such as dental exams, X-rays, fillings and teeth extractions, will be eligible to receive free dental procedures at one of the locations from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Providers will not be able to take out impacted wisdom teeth. Procedures will only be performed under local anesthesia and patients will be seen on a first come, first served basis.
The mission of the event is to address the dental issues of those who cannot afford dental care, thus helping them feel better about themselves and decreasing their risks for other health problems such as heart disease and infection
In addition, the Bennington location will present a Family Care Fair with other local health-related organizations in attendance. This health fair will feature participants such as Southwestern Vermont Medical Center, BROC, and the Bennington Free Clinic.
The Free Adult Dental Care Day in southern Vermont was begun in 2007 by Drs. Robert Ruhl, John-Michael Stewart and Louis Beaudette with the help of the International Team for Implantology.
Services will be provided in Bennington at the office of Oral and Facial Surgery Associates at 2 Harwood Drive and in Manchester at the office of Dr. Richard Heilemann at 74 Long View Drive.
For available services in Windham County, contact the United Way or call Vermont 211 for more information.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.