Plan to develop Vt. ski area being reconsideredApril 20,2013DUMMERSTON — A plan to revive a Vermont ski area is back in play.
The Maple Valley Ski Area in Dummerston closed in 2001. A developer interested in bringing it back as a year-round recreational resort withdrew a proposal in 2011 after the town review board asked for more specifics and wanted residents’ concerns addressed.
Now, the review board has scheduled a hearing on April 23 for an application by the developer, Stamford-Conn.,-based MVS Associates.
The Brattleboro Reformer reported that in addition to skiing, snowboarding and other winter events, the application describes mountain biking, hiking, maple syrup production, soapbox racing, camping, and other activities.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation