Plan to develop Vt. ski area being reconsideredApril 20,2013DUMMERSTON — A plan to revive a Vermont ski area is back in play.
The Maple Valley Ski Area in Dummerston closed in 2001. A developer interested in bringing it back as a year-round recreational resort withdrew a proposal in 2011 after the town review board asked for more specifics and wanted residents’ concerns addressed.
Now, the review board has scheduled a hearing on April 23 for an application by the developer, Stamford-Conn.,-based MVS Associates.
The Brattleboro Reformer reported that in addition to skiing, snowboarding and other winter events, the application describes mountain biking, hiking, maple syrup production, soapbox racing, camping, and other activities.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.