Ronald K. Baker Sr.April 20,2013Ronald K. Baker Sr.
SPRINGFIELD — Ronald K. Baker Sr., 78, died Wednesday, April 17, 2013, at the Springfield Hospital.
He was born Nov. 13, 1934, in Danby, the son of Kenneth and Esther (Harrington) Baker. He attended schools in Springfield, and graduated from Springfield High School.
He served in the Vermont National Guard for many years.
On April 19, 1952, he married Marion Lilley in Salem, N.Y. She predeceased him in 2012.
He was employed as a maintenance supervisor at Idlenot Dairy in North Springfield for more than 25 years. Following his retirement from Idlenot, he worked for many years with the Springfield Housing Authority, working until just recently.
He was a member of the North Springfield Baptist Church.
He enjoyed woodworking.
Survivors include two sons, Ronald K. Baker Jr. of Bethel and Bruce Baker of Bellows Falls; a daughter, Karen Beardsley of Springfield; a sister, Carol Koledo of Springfield; eight grandchildren, six great-grandchildren and several aunts, nieces, nephews and cousins.
He was predeceased by a son Kim Baker, and by a sister Berniece Robinson Fettinger.
A memorial service will be held Saturday, May 11, 2013, at 11 a.m. at the North Springfield Baptist Church. The Rev. George Keeler, pastor, will officiate.
Burial will follow in the Pine Grove Cemetery in North Springfield.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Springfield Family Center, 365 Summer St., Springfield, VT 05156.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?