Guilford L. Kupfer RitesApril 20,2013Guilford L. Kupfer Rites
LEICESTER — The memorial graveside service with full military honors for Guilford Louis “Gil” Kupfer, 86, who died April 12, 2013, was held Friday, April 19, 2013, at the Brookside Cemetery in Leicester.
The Rev. Ruel Tumangday, pastor of St Mary’s Church in Brandon, officiated.
The eulogy was given by his son-in-law David Driscoll.
Military honors were led by Sgt. of Arms Robert Gearwar of American Legion Post of 55 Brandon. Vermont National Guardsmen SPC Travis Dube and SPC Derek Murray folded the flag, and it was presented to his wife Eleanor by Master Sgt. Dan Landry. Burt Reynolds, a Marine Corps veteran, played taps.
The Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon was in charge of arrangements.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.