Guilford L. Kupfer RitesApril 20,2013Guilford L. Kupfer Rites
LEICESTER — The memorial graveside service with full military honors for Guilford Louis “Gil” Kupfer, 86, who died April 12, 2013, was held Friday, April 19, 2013, at the Brookside Cemetery in Leicester.
The Rev. Ruel Tumangday, pastor of St Mary’s Church in Brandon, officiated.
The eulogy was given by his son-in-law David Driscoll.
Military honors were led by Sgt. of Arms Robert Gearwar of American Legion Post of 55 Brandon. Vermont National Guardsmen SPC Travis Dube and SPC Derek Murray folded the flag, and it was presented to his wife Eleanor by Master Sgt. Dan Landry. Burt Reynolds, a Marine Corps veteran, played taps.
The Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon was in charge of arrangements.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.