Guilford L. Kupfer RitesApril 20,2013Guilford L. Kupfer Rites
LEICESTER — The memorial graveside service with full military honors for Guilford Louis “Gil” Kupfer, 86, who died April 12, 2013, was held Friday, April 19, 2013, at the Brookside Cemetery in Leicester.
The Rev. Ruel Tumangday, pastor of St Mary’s Church in Brandon, officiated.
The eulogy was given by his son-in-law David Driscoll.
Military honors were led by Sgt. of Arms Robert Gearwar of American Legion Post of 55 Brandon. Vermont National Guardsmen SPC Travis Dube and SPC Derek Murray folded the flag, and it was presented to his wife Eleanor by Master Sgt. Dan Landry. Burt Reynolds, a Marine Corps veteran, played taps.
The Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon was in charge of arrangements.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.