Karen D. MeekApril 20,2013Karen D. Meek
LONGMONT, CO. — Karen Dawn Meek of Longmont, CO, died March 29, 2013, at Longmont United Hospital with her mother by her side. She was born August 21 at Boston Lying In Hospital. She was 59.
Her childhood years were spent in the St. Johnsbury area of the Northeast Kingdom near her beloved grandparents, Burns and Hazel Heath. She moved to the Rutland area in 1965, and graduated from Otter Valley Union High School in 1971.
Fishing was always her favorite sport and her love of horses was also great. She was an excellent skier and skater. Gardening and landscaping were her favorite forms of employment, and throughout her life she remained her mother’s “gardening encyclopedia.”
Karen was predeceased by her father, Robert Dale Meek, in 1997. She is survived by her mother, Marcia J. Rose of Rutland; her sister and niece, Merrylee and Robin Meek of Brawley, CA; and several aunts, uncles and cousins in northern Vermont.
A service of remembrance will be held at Church of the Wildwood in Chittenden on May 12 at 1 p.m., with the Rev. Shirley Oskamp officiating.
Memorial contributions may be made to Church of the Wildwood. P.O. Box 36, Holden Road, Chittenden, VT 05737; or to Rutland County Humane Society, 739 Stevens Road, Pittsford, VT 05763.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.