COLCHESTER — The Vermont National Guard says the U.S. Air Force has delayed the release of a final environmental impact statement on plans on where to base its next-generation fighter jet, the F-35, until the fall.
The Air Force said it needs to hold additional public comment period after the document was updated to include 2010 census data for the locations being considered. It’s the second time the release of the document has been delayed.
The written public comment period is expected to start this summer.
The Vermont National Guard was notified Thursday. The delay will push back a decision on where the F-35s will be based.
The Air Force has said it expects to start basing the F-35s at the first location in 2015.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full StoryTo overcome Vermont Health Connect's early technological woes, more than 100 employees in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation