Thomas J. BrutkoskiApril 19,2013Thomas J. Brutkoski
BRANDON — Thomas Joseph Brutkoski, age 66, died early Wednesday, April 17, 2013, at Rutland Regional Medical Center.
Mr. Brutkoski was born in Proctor on October 27, 1946. He was the son of Herman and Mary (Kamuda) Brutkoski. He received his early education in local Brandon schools and had attended Otter Valley Union High School.
He enjoyed reading, puzzles, loved NASCAR, going camping and partying with family and friends.
Survivors include two sisters: Joanne Gokey and her husband Robert Scarborough of Brandon, and Sharron A. Brutkoski of Leicester; two brothers: Joe T. Brutkoski and his wife Cheryl of Brandon, and Charles E. Brutkoski of Lincoln; his care providers: Melissa and Steven Williams of Bomoseen.
Many nieces, nephews and cousins also survive him. He was predeceased by his parents and a brother, John H. Brutkoski.
A private graveside committal service and burial will take place, at a later date, in the family lot at St. Mary’s Cemetery in Brandon. The Rev. Ruel Tumangday, pastor of St. Mary’s Catholic Church, will officiate.
Calling hours are private.
Memorial gifts, in lieu of flowers, may be made in his memory to: The American Cancer Society, Vermont Division, 45 Swift Street, South Burlington, VT 05403.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.