CRAFTSBURY — The federal Small Business Administration has named the owner of Pete’s Greens, an organic vegetable farm in Craftsbury, Vermont’s small businessman of the year.
Pete Johnson said he is honored that the SBA considered an organic farm to be a worthy recipient of the award.
Pete’s Greens employs 14 people full time and has 400 to 500 members in its community supported agriculture program, in which members pay up front for food grown or produced on the farm or by other farms.
The farm also sells to grocery stores and restaurants and at the Montpelier farmers’ market.
Johnson now competes against other state winners for the national small business person of the year, which will be announced in June.MORE IN Vermont NewsThe Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules voted Thursday to certify its earlier rejection... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation