Nancy A. RupeApril 17,2013
Nancy A. RupeNancy A. Rupe
POULTNEY — Nancy Ann Rupe, 57, passed away Saturday, April 13, 2013, at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H.
She was born August 18, 1955, in Winthrop, MA, the daughter of the late David and Dorothy (Janiak) Dolan. She was a graduate of Arlington High School, MA, and Castleton State College, earning her bachelor’s degree in French.
She married her husband Richard R. Rupe on August 19, 1978, in Arlington, MA. Together with her husband, they owned and operated Rupe Slate Company. They worked hand in hand, with Nancy being the bookkeeper and secretary.
Nancy previously worked as a French teacher at Poultney High School, during which time she chaperoned several trips to England and France.
She enjoyed summering on Lake Winnipesaukee with her family, antiquing on the weekends, and spending time with her granddaughters.
Nancy was an accomplished seamstress, baker, caner, canner and gardener.
She is survived by her husband Richard, of Poultney; by her son Justin Rupe and his wife, Ysella of New Mexico; by her two daughters, Afton Carpenter and her husband Will, of Herndon, VA, and Leah Rupe, of Monterey, CA; by her brothers, David Dolan and his wife Pat of Meredith, N.H., and Michael Dolan of Boston, MA; by her sisters, Janet Amiro and her husband Tom of Chelmsford, MA, and Judith Johnson and her husband Mark of North Andover, MA; by her granddaughters, Yva and Lucia Rupe of New Mexico; by her godsons Ian Johnson of Boston, MA, and Christopher Morash of Poultney; also by several nieces, nephews and numerous cousins. She is also survived by her “second mother,” Aunt Caryl Morash of Poultney.
Visiting hours for family and friends will be held on Wednesday, April 17, 2013, from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Roberts-Aubin Funeral Home, 266 Allen Ave., Poultney.
A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated on Thursday, April 18, 2013, at 10:30 a.m. at St. Raphael The Archangel Catholic Church. The Rev. Daniel Jordan will be celebrant.
Burial will follow in Mt. Carmel Cemetery in Middle Granville, N.Y.
Memorial contributions may be made to your local chapter of the American Red Cross.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Roberts-Aubin Funeral Home, www.robertsaubinfuneralhome.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.