Mary Rose GillApril 17,2013
Mary Rose GillMary Rose Gill
CENTER RUTLAND ó Mary Rose Gill, 94, of Center Rutland died Monday, April 15, 2013, at Mountain View Center.
She was born April 14, 1919, in Center Rutland, the daughter of Karol and Helen (Kraus) Gill.
She was a member of St. Stanislaus Kostka Church in West Rutland, and was a lifetime resident of Center Rutland.
She was employed by Killington Glove Factory for 37 years, and for General Electric Co. for 10 years, retiring Feb. 1, 1985.
Surviving are six nieces and three nephews.
She was predeceased by a sister, Nellie, and by seven brothers, Anthony Gill, Louis Gill, Walter Gill, John Gill, Peter Gill, Frank Gill and Joseph Gill.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, April 20, 2013, at 11 a.m. at St. Stanislaus Kostka Church. Officiating will be the Rev. Vincent Coppola, pastor.
Graveside services will be held in St. Stanislaus Cemetery, with a reception to follow.
Friends may call from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at Mullin-Clifford Funeral Home in West Rutland.
Contributions may be made to St. Stanislaus Kostka Church, Barnes Street, West Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.