Grace B. WheeldonApril 11,2013
Grace B. WheeldonGrace B. Wheeldon
Grace B. Wheeldon (Grace B. Wait)
“A gentle wind whispers
it carries a bird’s spring song.
Time has come to tend the garden,
A delicate April rain will help it along.
Her face basks in the morning sun,
hand’s labor nurturing the earth.
Buds rise from the soil and petals eloquently unfurl,
Her love of their bloom, having given them birth.”
SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. — Amazing Grace passed peacefully on April 8, 2013, at Saratoga Hospital in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Born on April 24, 1922, in Castleton, Vermont, Grace was an LPN at Saratoga Hospital, supporter of the arts, active volunteer in community affairs. Her love of Gardening was superceded only by her love of her family, friends, and Saratoga Springs. An avid gardener, she was a dedicated member of the Katrina Trask Garden Club.
Survived by her son Lindsey Waterhouse (Priscilla); Daughters Sheila Wray, Leisa Waterhouse; Son Scott Waterhouse (Lisa) and grandchildren Hillary Waterhouse; Meghan Waterhouse; Ben Wray; James Pickett; Riley Waterhouse, and Great Grand-daughter Jourdan Decoteau; as well as many nieces and nephews.
Please join the family for a public memorial service celebrating Grace’s life, held at the Presbyterian New England Congregational Church, 24 Circular St., Saratoga Springs, NY, Friday, April 12th; 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. (service 5 p.m., fellowship immediately following the service in the fellowship hall).
In lieu of flowers, the family would like to request that donations be made to the Katrina Trask Garden Club in Grace’s name. 95 Oak St. Saratoga Springs, NY 12866 518-584-2528
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?