Grace B. WheeldonApril 11,2013
Grace B. WheeldonGrace B. Wheeldon
Grace B. Wheeldon (Grace B. Wait)
ďA gentle wind whispers
it carries a birdís spring song.
Time has come to tend the garden,
A delicate April rain will help it along.
Her face basks in the morning sun,
handís labor nurturing the earth.
Buds rise from the soil and petals eloquently unfurl,
Her love of their bloom, having given them birth.Ē
SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. ó Amazing Grace passed peacefully on April 8, 2013, at Saratoga Hospital in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Born on April 24, 1922, in Castleton, Vermont, Grace was an LPN at Saratoga Hospital, supporter of the arts, active volunteer in community affairs. Her love of Gardening was superceded only by her love of her family, friends, and Saratoga Springs. An avid gardener, she was a dedicated member of the Katrina Trask Garden Club.
Survived by her son Lindsey Waterhouse (Priscilla); Daughters Sheila Wray, Leisa Waterhouse; Son Scott Waterhouse (Lisa) and grandchildren Hillary Waterhouse; Meghan Waterhouse; Ben Wray; James Pickett; Riley Waterhouse, and Great Grand-daughter Jourdan Decoteau; as well as many nieces and nephews.
Please join the family for a public memorial service celebrating Graceís life, held at the Presbyterian New England Congregational Church, 24 Circular St., Saratoga Springs, NY, Friday, April 12th; 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. (service 5 p.m., fellowship immediately following the service in the fellowship hall).
In lieu of flowers, the family would like to request that donations be made to the Katrina Trask Garden Club in Graceís name. 95 Oak St. Saratoga Springs, NY 12866 518-584-2528
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.