Grace B. WheeldonApril 11,2013
Grace B. WheeldonGrace B. Wheeldon
Grace B. Wheeldon (Grace B. Wait)
“A gentle wind whispers
it carries a bird’s spring song.
Time has come to tend the garden,
A delicate April rain will help it along.
Her face basks in the morning sun,
hand’s labor nurturing the earth.
Buds rise from the soil and petals eloquently unfurl,
Her love of their bloom, having given them birth.”
SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. — Amazing Grace passed peacefully on April 8, 2013, at Saratoga Hospital in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Born on April 24, 1922, in Castleton, Vermont, Grace was an LPN at Saratoga Hospital, supporter of the arts, active volunteer in community affairs. Her love of Gardening was superceded only by her love of her family, friends, and Saratoga Springs. An avid gardener, she was a dedicated member of the Katrina Trask Garden Club.
Survived by her son Lindsey Waterhouse (Priscilla); Daughters Sheila Wray, Leisa Waterhouse; Son Scott Waterhouse (Lisa) and grandchildren Hillary Waterhouse; Meghan Waterhouse; Ben Wray; James Pickett; Riley Waterhouse, and Great Grand-daughter Jourdan Decoteau; as well as many nieces and nephews.
Please join the family for a public memorial service celebrating Grace’s life, held at the Presbyterian New England Congregational Church, 24 Circular St., Saratoga Springs, NY, Friday, April 12th; 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. (service 5 p.m., fellowship immediately following the service in the fellowship hall).
In lieu of flowers, the family would like to request that donations be made to the Katrina Trask Garden Club in Grace’s name. 95 Oak St. Saratoga Springs, NY 12866 518-584-2528
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.