Teen charged in Rutland Town crashApril 09,2013Teen charged in Rutland Town crash
A 17-year-old who Vermont State Police say crashed into a guardrail on East Proctor Road in Rutland Town on Saturday will answer to a pair of criminal offenses.
Riley Bedard was allegedly operating a motor vehicle without the owner’s consent when he crashed into a guardrail at about 2:10 a.m. Saturday. Police didn’t say if there were any injuries in the crash however the crash caused significant damage to both the guardrail and the car, police said.
No one was at the crash scene when police arrived. Police say an investigation led to charges against Bedard who was also charged with leaving the scene of an accident.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.