Teen charged in Rutland Town crashApril 09,2013Teen charged in Rutland Town crash
A 17-year-old who Vermont State Police say crashed into a guardrail on East Proctor Road in Rutland Town on Saturday will answer to a pair of criminal offenses.
Riley Bedard was allegedly operating a motor vehicle without the owner’s consent when he crashed into a guardrail at about 2:10 a.m. Saturday. Police didn’t say if there were any injuries in the crash however the crash caused significant damage to both the guardrail and the car, police said.
No one was at the crash scene when police arrived. Police say an investigation led to charges against Bedard who was also charged with leaving the scene of an accident.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.