Elderly woman hit by car in RutlandApril 09,2013A 75-year-old Proctor woman received a bump on the head but was otherwise uninjured when she was struck by a car at the intersection of Nichols and West streets in the city Monday morning.
Rutland Police Officer JamieLee Kiley said 54-year-old Diane Euber failed to see the elderly woman in the crosswalk when she was driving toward the intersection on Nichols Street.
Kiley said the car was travelling at a very slow speed when it struck Maryjane Burgess of Proctor. Burgess hit her head when she fell to the ground and was later taken by ambulance to Rutland Regional Medical Center.
No criminal or traffic violations were issued, Kiley added.MORE IN This Just InSunday evening, Grace Church initially felt and looked like a festive community celebration with... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation