Carolyn A. FryApril 09,2013Carolyn A. Fry
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. — Carolyn A. Fry, age 78, passed away on April 5, 2013, at her home in Winter Haven, FL.
She was born on Jan. 3, 1935, to George and Gladys (Hunter) Geraghty in East Rockaway, N.Y.
She married Matthew Walter Fry, who is deceased.
Carolyn worked for over 20 years as an insurance agent at C.H. Nelson Insurance in Pawlet, VT.
She is survived by a son, Matt Fry (Lisa) of GA, a daughter, Jeanine Myer, two brothers, Burt Geraghty (Babs) of Plant City, George Geraghty (Lucie) of N.C., and seven grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, April 9, 2013, at 10:30 a.m. at Wells Memorial Funeral Home in Plant City. Burial will follow at Florida National Cemetery.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Ensisheim meteorite falls into Alsatian wheatfield, 1665, first issue of London Gazette, 1874, Thomas Nast cartoon features elephant as GOP symbol, 1907, Jesus Garcia saves town from burning dynamite boxcar.