Carolyn A. FryApril 09,2013Carolyn A. Fry
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. — Carolyn A. Fry, age 78, passed away on April 5, 2013, at her home in Winter Haven, FL.
She was born on Jan. 3, 1935, to George and Gladys (Hunter) Geraghty in East Rockaway, N.Y.
She married Matthew Walter Fry, who is deceased.
Carolyn worked for over 20 years as an insurance agent at C.H. Nelson Insurance in Pawlet, VT.
She is survived by a son, Matt Fry (Lisa) of GA, a daughter, Jeanine Myer, two brothers, Burt Geraghty (Babs) of Plant City, George Geraghty (Lucie) of N.C., and seven grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, April 9, 2013, at 10:30 a.m. at Wells Memorial Funeral Home in Plant City. Burial will follow at Florida National Cemetery.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.