Carolyn A. FryApril 09,2013Carolyn A. Fry
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. — Carolyn A. Fry, age 78, passed away on April 5, 2013, at her home in Winter Haven, FL.
She was born on Jan. 3, 1935, to George and Gladys (Hunter) Geraghty in East Rockaway, N.Y.
She married Matthew Walter Fry, who is deceased.
Carolyn worked for over 20 years as an insurance agent at C.H. Nelson Insurance in Pawlet, VT.
She is survived by a son, Matt Fry (Lisa) of GA, a daughter, Jeanine Myer, two brothers, Burt Geraghty (Babs) of Plant City, George Geraghty (Lucie) of N.C., and seven grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, April 9, 2013, at 10:30 a.m. at Wells Memorial Funeral Home in Plant City. Burial will follow at Florida National Cemetery.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.