BURLINGTON — The president of Vermont’s Champlain College is planning to retire.
President David Finney announced Monday he will retire from the job he has held at the Burlington college on June 30, 2014.
Among Finney’s accomplishments during his years at Champlain, he has nearly tripled freshmen applications and increased enrollment numbers, increased study abroad programs, expanded the size of the campus, and strengthened financial aid.
Champlain describes itself as a small, private college with a career-driven approach to higher education that prepares students for their professional lives from their very first semester.
The college has hired a search firm to help find Finney’s successor.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Fancy a pint of Pliny the Elder or Heady Topper double India pale ales, but can’t... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation