Shumlin to attend hospital openingApril 08,2013Shumlin to attend hospital opening
MONTPELIER — Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin will be traveling to Brattleboro for a ribbon-cutting today at a newly renovated section of the Brattleboro Retreat psychiatric hospital that will house state patients.
The new unit at the Retreat is one of several approaches the state is taking to replace the former Vermont State Hospital in Waterbury after it was flooded by Tropical Storm Irene in 2011.
Another is a 25-bed hospital being built in Berlin, as well as smaller psychiatrics units elsewhere around the state.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.