Vermont woman killed in NH accidentApril 08,2013Vt. woman killed in NH accident
CLAREMONT, N.H. — Police are investigating an early morning car accident in Claremont that killed a 42-year-old woman.
Claremont police say a pickup driven by 29-year-old Luke Garlinger of Mansfield, Mass., was traveling on Main Street shortly after midnight Sunday when it veered into the opposite lane and collided with a minivan.
Police say the driver of the van, Shellie Blaisdell of Windsor, Vt., was taken to Valley Regional Hospital, where she died of injuries sustained in the accident. A 13-year-old boy who was in the vehicle was hospitalized with injuries.
Officials say Garlinger was first taken to Valley Regional Hospital and then to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon.
Claremont police, New Hampshire State Police and the Sullivan County Attorney’s Office are investigating.MORE IN This Just InDearest farm, with your well-worked fields full of food, I love you. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.